LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch is a more flexible alternative to traditional tree pits. Providing an environmentally friendly system using recycled EPDM, SBR & Rubber Mulch which is bound together to create a decorative, safe & low maintenance system which is SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems) compliant. Ideal for both for new and established trees used in parks and street schemes the system allows the tree to grow through the flexibility of the surface. LimeTreePit Rubber is ideal for pedestrian and low vehicular traffic whilst still keeping the system decorative, functional, seamless and slightly flexible which is also low maintenance. LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch Surfacing is a system consisting of either rubber EPDM granules installed over SBR rubber granules or a fully rubber mulch system. Both options using a quality non-UV aromatic binder resin for pedestrian traffic. Available in a variety of colours both from the standard range and bespoke designs on request.
- Maintains surface colour during wear
- SuDS provides excellent drainage (EPDM Graded to 1.0 — 4.0mm)
- High elasticity and wear resistance (Elongation at Break ≥ 650 %Tensile Strength > 6.0 Mpa)
- Low density for excellent coverage (1.60 ± 0.05 g/cm³)
- Minimum EPDM content > 20%Non toxic
- Binder Single component & Solvent free
- Technical support
- Installation and setup
- Application support
- Hardware support
- Guaranteed warranty
Resin & aggregate
LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch use a non UV polyurethane binder as used on playground surfaces and is designed specifically for bonding rubber granules and mulch. The rubber binder is a single component, moisture curing, medium viscosity polyurethane binder. The rubber EPDM layer as a topping/wearing course is installed at 15mm onto a suitable 25mm SBR shock pad/base (40mm Total). The Rubber Mulch is installed at 40mm. Coloured EPDM granules are made from a compound of EPDM rubber, specialist pigment and UV stabilisers. The LimeRubber SBR shock pad/base is a recycled tyre granulate suitable for base layer applications. The rubber mulch/bark is processed to remove steel, fibre and dust to produce a clean high quality rubber granulate.
Shelf Life & Storage
Shelf life of LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch Resin is 6 months, EPDM & Mulch have an unlimited shelf life.
Store materials in clean, dry, frost free warehouse conditions between 5°C and 25°C
Protect from sunlight.
Features and benefits
- High quality polyurethane binder/resin
- Optimised ratio resin to rubber blend for optimum performance
- Absorbent SuDS compliant system to drain surface water
- 40mm depth for optimum performance
- Multiple standard colours and bespoke designs available
- Recycled for Environmental benefits
- Flexible and strong
- Low maintenance
- Members of FeRFA—The association for the Resin Bound Technical Committee
- No additional cacogenic catalyst handling required on site
- Approved contractors available for installation.
LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch contractors
LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch is a specialist product and must only be applied by specialist applicators.
Do not apply or allow it to be applied by contractors who do not possess the necessary experience. You should consider appointing a Limegate Solutions Approved Contractor.
50kg (2x25kg bags) & 10kg binder
LimeTreePit Rubber EPDM
20kg (2x10kg bags) & 4kg binder
LimeTreePit Rubber Mulch
50kg (2x25kg bags) & 5kg binder
LimeTreePit Rubber SBR
Available in 25kg & 220kg drums
LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch Binder
Product: LimeTreePit Rubber & Mulch
EPDM thickness: 15mm installed onto SBR thickness: min 25mm (Total min 40mm) OR Mulch thickness: min 40mm
EPDM colour: (select colour as required) OR Mulch colour: (select colour as required
Limegate Solutions Ltd
Tel: 03330 155560
Contact us to ask any questions to help in specifying the right system: