LimePath FlexiWalk is a ‘No Binder’ system using a combination of natural aggregates and recycled rubber sourced from used vehicle tyres bound together with a urethane binder. LimePath FlexiWalk was developed with over 25 years of experience in permeable systems to provide an environmentally beneficial resin bound surface for pedestrian and low vehicular traffic which is permeable (SuDS compliant), Slip-resistant, Resistant to freeze-thaw, Decorative, Functional and Seamless. The environmentally designed open matrix allows water to drain through to the base, eliminating water ponding and allowing water to drain to planted areas or land drains. The ‘No Binder’ system eliminates the need for macadam and/or concrete bases, reducing the impact of additionally sourced materials greatly reducing transportation and emission. Edgings created from brick, stone, timber or steel should be installed to retain and protect the LimePath FlexiWalk System. Note: UV Stable LimePath systems are also available for increased performance in line with the resin bound systems for external applications guidance notes issued by FeRFA, The association for the Resin Bound Technical Committee 2020. Please contact LimeGate Solutions for further information.
Technical performance standards
- Meets the Environmental policy requirements to increase in excess of 50% the use of recycled materials.
- Meets the Environmental policy requirement for a reduction of 50% in packaging.
- Slip Resistance testing to BS 8204-6:2008+A1:2010 Appendix B
- Reduced transportation and emissions by 50% in line with Environmental policy.
- In line with FeRFA guidance notes for permeable resin bound systems
* www.ferfa.org.uk/resin bound systems for external applications
- Technical Support
- Installation and setup
- Application support
- Hardware support
- Guaranteed warranty
Resin & aggregate
LimePath FlexiWalk system uses an economical binder that will yellow on exposure to UV light. (An alternative UV system is available in the LimePath range). The performance and appearance of the finished surface is also dependent on the aggregate/rubber combination used (see LimePath FlexiWalk mix blend swatch sheet for colour options). The LimePath FlexiWalk blends have been designed to achieve strength, resilience, porosity and decoration using a combination of kiln dried aggregates and over 50% SBR granules made from recycled vehicle tyres.
Natural aggregates may contain small amounts of iron which can produce rust staining when exposed to air and water; standard LimePath FlexiWalk blends contain aggregates selected for infrequency of incidence of staining but iron may be present in any natural aggregate. The presence of iron cannot be identified before use and Limegate Solutions cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of staining.
Shelf Life & Storage
Shelf life of LimePath FlexiWalk is 6 months, aggregates have an unlimited shelf life.
Store materials in clean, dry, frost free warehouse conditions between 5°C and 25°C.
Protect from sunlight.
Features and benefits
- Over 50% recycled content
- Tested to slip resistant BS 8204-6
- SuDS compliant permeable paving in excess of 1000 liters/m²/minute
- Reduced transportation and emissions
- Reduction of plastic waste to landfill
- Resistant to freeze-thaw
- Reduction in oil derived binder courses
- Ideal for Nature Walks, Pedestrian paths and Local Authority Recreational Parks
- All aggregates selected to reduce chances of rust appearing
- Optimised ratio of resin to rubber/aggregate mix blends
- Foot traffic after 24 hours @ 20°c
- Manufactured to ISO 9001
- Made in UK
LimePath FlexiWalk system is a specialist product and must only be applied by specialist Limegate Solutions Approved FeRFA association member contractors. Do not apply or allow it to be applied by contractors who do not possess the necessary experience. Contact Limegate Solutions Ltd to verify your Approved Contractor.
LimePath FlexiWalk Resin
LimePath FlexiWalk Aggregate
LimePath FlexiWalk SBR
Product: LimePath FlexiWalk System Thickness: 35mm/40mm (dependant on required usage and binder course)
Aggregate: (select mix blend as required)
Installation: Limegate Solutions Approved FeRFA association member contractor
Limegate Solutions Ltd
Tel: 01959 546208
Contact us to ask any questions to help in specifying the right system: