LimePath EcoWalk UV is a combination of recycled rubber sourced from used vehicle tyres and natural aggregates bound together with a specially formulated aliphatic HDI polyurethane resin which will not deteriorate or become brittle when exposed to UV light when tested to BS EN ISO 16474-3 method A, FeRFA guidance notes 2020. LimePath EcoWalk UV was developed to be a SuDS compliant permeable resin bound system that provides environmental benefits as a surface for pedestrian and low vehicular traffic remaining Slip-resistant, Resistant to freeze-thaw, Decorative, Functional and Seamless.
The environmentally designed open matrix allows water to drain through to the base, eliminating water ponding and allowing water to drain to planted areas or land drains. The ‘No Binder’ system eliminates the need for macadam and/or concrete bases, reducing the impact of additionally sourced materials greatly reducing transportation and emission. Edgings created from brick, stone, timber or steel should be installed to retain and protect the LimePath EcoWalk UV System.
Technical performance standards
- Meets the Environmental policy requirements to increase in excess of 50% the use of recycled materials.
- Compressive and flexural strength testing to BS EN 13892-2
- QUV weathering chamber testing to BS EN ISO 16474-3 method A
- Slip Resistance testing to BS 8204-6:2008+A1:2010 Appendix B
- Reduced transportation and emissions by 50% in line with Environmental policy.
- In line with FeRFA guidance notes for permeable resin bound systems
* www.ferfa.org.uk/resin bound systems for external applications
- Technical support
- Installation and setup
- Application support
- Hardware support
- Guaranteed warranty
Resin & aggregate
LimePath EcoWalk UV system uses a UV resistant polyurethane resin and will not yellow on exposure to UV light. This is a more attractive option than some other types of resin which can yellow and dramatically alter the appearance of the finished surface. The resin is formulated using aliphatic HDI which will not deteriorate or become brittle when exposed to UV light when tested to BS EN ISO 16474-3 method A, FeRFA guidance notes 2020. The performance and appearance of the finished surface is dependent on the aggregate used (see Limegate Solutions LimePath EcoWalk UV mix blend swatch sheet for colour options). The LimePath EcoWalk UV System Aggregate blends have been designed to achieve strength, resilience, porosity and decoration.
Natural aggregates may contain small amounts of iron which can produce rust staining when exposed to air and water; standard LimePath UV Surfacing blends contain aggregates selected for infrequency of incidence of staining but iron may bepresent in any natural aggregate. The presence of iron cannot be identified before use and Limegate Solutions cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of staining.
Shelf Life & Storage
Shelf life of LimePath EcoWalk resin is 6 months, aggregates have an unlimited shelf life. Store materials in clean, dry, frost free warehouse conditions between 5°C and 25°C.
Protect from sunlight.
Features and benefits
- Over 25% recycled content
- Tested to slip resistant BS 8204-6
- SuDS compliant permeable paving in excess of 1000 liters/m²/minute
- Reduced transportation and emissions
- Reduction of waste to landfill
- Resistant to freeze-thaw
- Reduction in oil derived binder courses
- Ideal for Nature Walks, Pedestrian paths and Local Authority Recreational Parks
- All aggregates selected to reduce chances of rust appearing
- Optimised ratio of resin to rubber/aggregate mix blends
- Foot traffic after 24 hours @ 20°c
- Manufactured to ISO 9001
- Made in UK
LimePath EcoWalk UV system is a specialist product and must only be applied by specialist Limegate Solutions Approved FeRFA association member contractors. Do not apply or allow it to be applied by contractors who do not possess the necessary experience. Contact Limegate Solutions Ltd to verify your Approved Contractor.
LimePath EcoWalk UV Resin
LimePath EcoWalk UV Aggregate
LimePath EcoWalk UV SBR
LimePath Fine Aggregate
Product: LimePath EcoWalk UV System
Thickness: 35mm/40mm (dependant on required usage and binder course)
Aggregate: (select mix blend as required)
Installation: Limegate Solutions Approved FeRFA association member contractor
Limegate Solutions Ltd
Tel: 03330 155560
LimePath EcoWalk UV
Contact us to ask any questions to help in specifying the right system: