LimeGrid Bound UV is a Resin Bound Surfacing installed at 25-30mm onto a 40mm depth high performance grid made from recycled polypropylene. Initially designed as a standalone product for car-parking, LimeGrid Bound UV has adapted to be suitable for pathways and drive on / drive off vehicular usage. Where there is limited access to install a granular or macadam binder course the ease of install and flexibility for the contractor makes this system an environmentally friendly alternative. The structure allows rainwater to pass through being SuDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage) compliant. Available in a variety of colours LimeGrid Bound UV is ideal for pedestrian and low vehicular traffic. LimeGrid Bound UV is decorative and functional, seamless and slightly flexible and requires low maintenance. Edgings created from brick, stone, timber or steel should be installed to retain and protect.
Technical performance for LimeGrid
- Tested in accordance with DIN EN 124 to maximum capacity and achieves 400-600 tonnes/m²
- Compressive strength *Max. load/unit 2,465 kN/m², 250t/m² (empty) 3,990 kN/m², 400t/m² (topsoil) 5,990 kN/m², 600t/m² (gravel)
- Infiltration rate 5,000mm/hr
- Tested in accordance with DIN EN 124 to maximum capacity
* Compliant with Part M (building regs) Equality Act (DDA) NBS Q23 (gravel)
- Technical support
- Installation and setup
- Application support
- Hardware support
- Guaranteed warranty
Resin & aggregate
LimeGrid Bound UV resin is a UV resistant resin and will not yellow on exposure to UV light. This is a more attractive option than some other types of resin which can yellow and dramatically alter the appearance of the finished surface. The resin is formulated using aliphatic HDI which will not deteriorate or become brittle when exposed to UV light when tested to BS EN ISO 16474-3 method A The performance and appearance of the finished surface is dependent on the aggregate used (see LimeGate Solutions LimeGrid Bound UV mix blend swatch sheet for colour options). The LimeGrid Bound UV Aggregate blends have been designed to achieve strength, resilience, porosity and decoration.
Natural aggregates may contain small amounts of iron which can produce rust staining when exposed to air and water; standard LimeGrid UV blends contain aggregates selected for infrequency of incidence of staining but iron may be present in any natural aggregate. The presence of iron cannot be identified before use and Limegate Solutions cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of staining.
Shelf Life & Storage
Shelf life of LimeGrid Bound UV Resin is 6 months, aggregates & LimeGrid have an unlimited shelf life. Store materials in clean, dry, frost free warehouse conditions between 5°C and 25°C.
Protect from sunlight.
Features and benefits
- UV stable will not discolor or degrade
- Tested to slip resistant BS 8204-6
- SuDS compliant permeable paving 850 liters/m²/minute
- Ideal for Pathways, Parks, Canal Bridal Paths, Cycle Paths and difficult access sites for traditional sub-bases
- No requirement for oil/lime based binder courses
- LimeGrid made from 100%recycled polyolefins
- LimeGrid compliant with Part M (Building Regs) Equality Act (DDA) NBS Q23 (gravel)
- 300-400m² LimeGrid can be installed in 1 day* (*based on 3 man team)
- All aggregates selected to reduce chances of rust appearing
- Foot traffic after 14-15 hours @ 20°c
- Manufactured to ISO 9001
- Made in UK
LimeGrid Bound UV contractors
LimeGrid Bound UV is a specialist product and must only be applied by specialist applicators.
Do not apply or allow it to be applied by contractors who do not possess the necessary experience. You should consider appointing a Limegate Solutions Approved Contractor.
LimeBound Resin Bound Surfacing Resin
(4x 25kg bags)
LimeBound Resin Bound Surfacing Aggregate
LimeBound Fine Aggregate
333mm x 333mm x 40mm
(pallet layer 3×3 grids = 1m x 1m)
Product: LimeGrid Bound UV
Thickness: 25mm/30mm (dependant on required usage)
Aggregate: (select mix blend as required)
Limegate Solutions Ltd
Tel: 01959 546208
LimeGrid Bound UV
Contact us to ask any questions to help in specifying the right system: